SECRETS OF EL BORN FREE TOUR
Visit the enchanting old streets of el Born District in this free walking tour, full of history and culture.
El Born is one of the most fascinating areas of our city: its ancient medieval neighbourhoods, quiet plazas and enchanting alleyways are full of history, tradition and lovely corners.
In this free walking tour we will discover together some of the most emblematic locations, including the breathtaking gothic church of Santa Maria del Mar, the Mercat del Born and the Palau de la Música Catalana.
But we will also tell you the lesser known stories and forgotten legends, stroll down to the lesser known spots and enjoy a relaxed walk in areas still far from the beaten path of mass tourism.
A unique chance to enjoy a different Barcelona!
BOOK NOW FOR FREE
TIME: Every Sunday at 11 am and Thursday at 3:00 pm.
DURATION: Around 2 hours.
Plaza Catalunya – Centre of the square.
Metro Station: Catalunya.
Look for our BAT logo on the blue umbrellas!
THE PERFECT TOUR IF YOU LOVE:
Quiet areas, Old Markets, the Middle Ages and 19th Century Lamp Posts.
BORN DISTRICT FREE WALKING TOUR
MOMENTS TO REMEMBER
PLACES WE VISIT
- Santa Caterina Market
- Palau de la Música
- Santa Maria del Mar
- Plaça de Sant Pere
- Carrer Princesa
- Plaça de Sant Agustí Vell
- Born Market
- Carrer Montcada
- Passeig del Born
- Arc de Triomf
At the end of the Born District Tour you’ll find yourself a short walk from:
- Chocolate Museum (10 min)
- Picasso Museum (5 min)
- Barceloneta Beach to see sunset and have some tapas (10 mins)
- Paradiso, a fancy cocktail bar (5 mins)
- Parc de la Ciutadella, the biggest park in the city (5 mins)
BE LOCAL – IMPORTANT INFO & TIPS
- You don’t have to reserve, but following our Small Group Philosophy we limit the number of people on each tour group to a maximum of 16 participants. If you have not booked, please arrive at least 15 minutes before the scheduled time to get a space on the tour of your choice.
- This tour can be booked by a maximum of 7 people. If you are a group of 8 or more people you can enjoy this tour as a private tour by clicking here.
- The Born District Free Walking Tour is in English. If you want this tour as a Free Walking Tour in Spanish click on the spanish flag on top of the page. This tour is also available in different languages, contact us for a private tour in your language.
- Finishing at around 1:00 pm the tour is ideal to then head off in search of the other wonderful things to do and see in the Born District and its surroundings. Check our Closest Places box window or ask your guide at the end of the tour to see what’s on offer.