RAVAL ALIVE WALKING TOUR
Join our Raval tour to explore the most alternative and controversial side of Barcelona while understanding the local issues and culture.
Multicultural diversity and a fascinating, complicated history define the most alternative, rebel and unique district of Barcelona, the Raval neighbourhood. Incredible street art works, contemporary architecture and vintage bars live together with urban decay, ruined occupied houses and “narcopisos”, drug selling houses, giving the Raval a controversial reputation.
In this Raval free tour you will not only see the world-famous visual works from street artists like Keith Haring, Konair, Xupet Negre that turn the place into an open air museum, the fascinating old bars and the medieval hospital of Barcelona. You will also learn and better understand the social and cultural impact of immigration, mass tourism and globalization and the problems that affected the locals along the unique history of Raval.
At the end get tips from your guide to find the best museums, local tapas restaurants and live music bars in Raval area!
TIME: Every Tuesday at 7 pm
DURATION: Around 2 hours.
Plaza Catalunya – Inside corner of the square, opposite Hotel H10 and Txapela Bar.
Metro Station: Catalunya.
Look for our BAT logo on the blue umbrella!
THE PERFECT TOUR IF YOU LOVE:
Underground Life, Alternative Art, Urban Style, Ethnic Food.
PLACES WE VISIT
- Botero’s Giant Cat
- Medieval first “Graffiti”
- Open air skate park at MACBA
- Carrer Tallers, the rock street!
- Anarchist Bookstore – “Rosa del foc”
- Squatters’ houses
- Tres Chimeneas
- Sant Pau del Camp
At the end of the Raval Alive Tour you’ll find yourself a short walk from:
- Park de la Ciutadella (5 mins)
- Barceloneta Beach (10 mins)
- Picasso Museum (5 mins)
- Arc de Triomf (5 mins)
- Las Ramblas (5 mins)
BE LOCAL TOURS – IMPORTANT INFO & TIPS
- You don’t have to reserve, but following our Small Group Philosophy we limit the number of people on each tour group to a maximum of 12 participants. If you have not booked, please arrive at least 15 minutes before the scheduled time to get a space on the tour of your choice.
- This tour can be booked by a maximum of 7 people. If you are a group of 8 or more people you can enjoy this tour as a private tour by clicking here.
- The Raval Underground Free Walking Tour is in English. If you want this tour as a Free Walking Tour in Spanish click here. This tour is also available in different languages, contact us for a private tour in your language.
- Finishing at around 9 pm the tour is ideal to then head off in search of the other wonderful things to do and see in the Raval District and its surroundings. Check our Closest Places box window to see what’s on offer.