RAVAL ALIVE WALKING TOUR
Join our Raval tour to explore the most alternative and controversial side of Barcelona while understanding the local issues and culture.
Multicultural diversity and a fascinating, complicated history define the most alternative, rebel and unique district of Barcelona, the Raval neighbourhood. Incredible street art works, contemporary architecture and vintage bars live together with urban decay, ruined occupied houses and “narcopisos”, drug selling houses, giving the Raval a controversial reputation.
In this Raval free tour you will not only see the world-famous visual works from street artists like Keith Haring, Konair, Xupet Negre that turn the place into an open air museum, the fascinating old bars and the medieval hospital of Barcelona. You will also learn and better understand the social and cultural impact of immigration, mass tourism and globalization and the problems that affected the locals along the unique history of Raval.
At the end get tips from your guide to find the best museums, local tapas restaurants and live music bars in Raval area!
TIME: Every Sunday at 4:30 pm
DURATION: Around 2 hours.
Plaza Catalunya – Center of the square
Look for our BAT logo on the blue umbrella!
THE PERFECT TOUR IF YOU LOVE:
Underground Life, Alternative Art, Urban Style, Ethnic Food.
PLACES WE VISIT
- Botero’s Giant Cat
- Medieval first “Graffiti”
- Open air skate park at MACBA
- Carrer Tallers, the rock street!
- Anarchist Bookstore – “Rosa del foc”
- Squatters’ houses
- Tres Chimeneas
- Sant Pau del Camp
At the end of the Raval Alive Tour you’ll find yourself a short walk from:
- Park de la Ciutadella (5 mins)
- Barceloneta Beach (10 mins)
- Picasso Museum (5 mins)
- Arc de Triomf (5 mins)
- Las Ramblas (5 mins)
BE LOCAL TOURS – IMPORTANT INFO & TIPS
- BOOKING POLICY. Booking is necessary, due to our Small Group Philosophy the limit of participants. We don’t accept more than 9 people to guarantee safety, quality and sustainability for the local community. Only booking online guarantees a place in the tour. It is possible to book up to 4 hours before the beginning of the tour. If you can’t book and you need support or info get in touch with us.
- PRICES AND PAYMENT METHODS. Pay is available online for guaranteed spots and in cash at the beginning of the tour. Cash payments will be higher than online payments and will be available only if there are available spots, according to availability.
- COVID-19 MEASURES In order to guarantee the safety of the customers and the guides during the Covid19 epidemic, safety measures will be adopted following the spanish law: social distancing between people that don’t live together, obligatory masks, no contact with the guide or other participants, no distribution of documents or flyers. Be Local Tours reserves the right to refuse any individual or group that will not comply with these rules.
- CANCELLATION POLICY AND REIMBURSEMENT. Full price of the paid tour will be reimbursed in case the customer cancels at least 24 hours before the scheduled time of the tour. After this time, no reimbursement will be guaranteed.
- SCHEDULED TIME AND INCONVENIENTS. We suggest to arrive at least 10 minutes before the beginning of the tour to be able to meet the guide and check in. In case of delay it is possible to get in touch with us to see if you can join but we can’t guarantee your spot and no reimbursement will be given. If the number of participants doesn’t reach a minimum of 3 people, Be Local Tours can decide to cancel the tour. In this case we will let you know before the start and we will give you back the full amount of your ticket.
- IMPORTANT. This tour can be booked by a maximum of 7 people. If you are a group of 8 or more people, please contact us for a personalised private tour.
- This tour is available in other languages as well as a private tour, get in touch with us to check availability for a private tour in your language.