THE HISTORY OF LAS RAMBLAS – FREE TOUR
Let’s enjoy a less crowded Barcelona for a tour of Las Ramblas, the most famous avenue of the city, full of amazing stories and beautiful views.
La Rambla, or Las Ramblas, is much more than one of the most celebrated and visited streets in the world. A walk down this avenue is a voyage into the soul of Barcelona and the history of the city and the lives of its people in all ages.
In this tour we’ll stroll from Plaza Catalunya to Columbus Monument, telling forgotten stories and showing the most surprising details, some of them hidden to the common tourist.
We will explore its history and evolution since the Middle Ages with its walls and convents until the golden age of modernism, when it became a fancy street of theatres, cafés and cabarets. We will talk about both traumatic and joyful events and about all the people of every social class and age that have strolled down here for centuries.
TIME: Every Sunday at 4 pm
DURATION: Around 2 hours.
Plaza Catalunya – Center of the square.
Metro Station: Catalunya.
Look for our BAT logo on the blue umbrella!
THE PERFECT TOUR IF YOU LOVE:
History, architecture, curiosities, Barcelona with few tourists.
PLACES WE VISIT
- Fuente de Canaletas
- Mercado de la Boquería
- Palau de la Virreina
- Teatre del Liceu
- Teatre Principal
- Monumento a Colón
- Mosaico de Miró
- And much more!
At the end of the Ramblas Tour you’ll find yourself a short walk from:
- Raval (2 min)
- Plaza Real (5 min)
- Museo del Erotismo (5 min)
- Barceloneta (10 min)
- Barrio Gótico (5 min)
BE LOCAL TOURS – IMPORTANT INFO & TIPS
- COVID-19 MEASURES In order to guarantee the safety of the customers and the guides during the Covid19 epidemic, safety measures will be adopted following the spanish law: social distancing between people that don’t live together, obligatory masks, no contact with the guide or other participants, no distribution of documents or flyers. Be Local Tours reserves the right to refuse any individual or group that will not comply with these rules.
- You don’t have to reserve, but following our Small Group Philosophy we limit the number of people on each tour group to a maximum of 9 participants. If you have not booked, please arrive at least 10 minutes before the scheduled time so we can try to find you a spot on the tour of your choice. Or get in touch with us!
- This tour can be booked by a maximum of 7 people. If you are a group of 8 or more people you can enjoy this tour as a private tour by clicking here.
- The Gothic Quarter Tour Free Walking Tour is in English. If you want this tour as a Free Walking Tour in Spanish click here. This tour is also available in different languages, contact us for a private tour in your language.
- Finishing at around 1 pm the tour is ideal to then head off in search of the other wonderful things to do and see in the Gothic Quarter and its surroundings. Don’t forget to ask your guide more info at the end of the Gothic Quarter Tour.
- In case the number of participants is less than 3, the tour may be cancelled.