BARCELONA LGBTQ+ WALKING TOUR
This season we have prepared a very special tour dedicated to the history of Barcelona and its LGBT community. A unique chance to enjoy the streets, learn and have some fun!
This a tour 100% devoted to gender, sexuality, identity, pride and freedom. All things that have found a very welcoming environment in Barcelona since a long time ago.
Walking through the old center of the city, we will find out together why Barcelona is one of the most globally celebrated places for the LGBTQI+ community. We will talk about the terrible crimes that have been committed against them that have tragically marked history, about the first group of transexuals that met in the Barrio Chino (Chinatown) and their crazy and provocative actions. We will visit places where you can find hidden details about sexuality in magical corners of our city.
So get ready! Bring your most comfortable shoes, as we will walk around 3 km and a half. The tour starts at the Ciutadella Park at Glorieta de la Transexual Sonia and finishes in the Barrio Chino (next to las Ramblas). We’re waiting for you!
TIME: Every Tuesday at 4:30 pm
DURATION: Around 2 hours.
Park de la Ciutadella – “Glorieta de la Transexual Sonia”
Metro Station: Arco del Triunfo
Look for our BAT logo on the blue umbrella!
THE PERFECT TOUR IF YOU LOVE:
Visit Barcelona without many tourists, tolerance, social and human history of Barcelona, surprise you with details you did not known.
PLACES WE VISIT
- Glorieta de la Transexual Sonia
- Lateral Catedral de Barcelona
- El Beso de Fontcubert
- Fuente Santa Ana
- Plaza de San Felip Neri
- Barrio chino
- Y mucho más!
At the end of the LGBT Tour you’ll find yourself a short walk from:
- Raval (2 min)
- Plaza Real (5 min)
- Museo del Erotismo (5 min)
- Barceloneta (10 min)
- Barrio Gótico (5 min)
BE LOCAL TOURS – IMPORTANT INFO & TIPS
- BOOKING POLICY. Booking is necessary, due to our Small Group Philosophy the limit of participants. We don’t accept more than 9 people to guarantee safety, quality and sustainability for the local community. Only booking online guarantees a place in the tour. It is possible to book up to 4 hours before the beginning of the tour. If you can’t book and you need support or info get in touch with us.
- PRICES AND PAYMENT METHODS. Pay is available online for guaranteed spots and in cash at the beginning of the tour. Cash payments will be higher than online payments and will be available only if there are available spots, according to availability.
- COVID-19 MEASURES In order to guarantee the safety of the customers and the guides during the Covid19 epidemic, safety measures will be adopted following the spanish law: social distancing between people that don’t live together, obligatory masks, no contact with the guide or other participants, no distribution of documents or flyers. Be Local Tours reserves the right to refuse any individual or group that will not comply with these rules.
- CANCELLATION POLICY AND REIMBURSEMENT. Full price of the paid tour will be reimbursed in case the customer cancels at least 24 hours before the scheduled time of the tour. After this time, no reimbursement will be guaranteed.
- SCHEDULED TIME AND INCONVENIENTS. We suggest to arrive at least 10 minutes before the beginning of the tour to be able to meet the guide and check in. In case of delay it is possible to get in touch with us to see if you can join but we can’t guarantee your spot and no reimbursement will be given. If the number of participants doesn’t reach a minimum of 3 people, Be Local Tours can decide to cancel the tour. In this case we will let you know before the start and we will give you back the full amount of your ticket.
- IMPORTANT. This tour can be booked by a maximum of 7 people. If you are a group of 8 or more people, please contact us for a personalised private tour.
- This tour is available in other languages as well as a private tour, get in touch with us to check availability for a private tour in your language.