GAUDÍ & MODERNISM FREE WALKING TOUR
Enjoy the secret wonders of Gaudí’s Catalan Art Nouveau architecture with an experienced local guide. At the end, you decide how much to pay!
Join a small group and an experienced, enthusiastic guide in a journey through late 19th/early 20th century upmarket Barcelona, to see the life and works of Catalunya’s architectural genius Antoni Gaudí and his contemporaries.
Explore the social, cultural and political forces that literally shaped the physical appearances of these stunning buildings. Fancy houses of rich industrialists, merchants and chocolatiers with their astonishing details, flamboyant decoration that hide the secrets and amazing stories of their powerful owners. The famous Casa Milá, Casa Battló and many other fascinating buildings will surprise you with their unusual designs and shapes.
At the end, finish with an inspiring explanation of Gaudí’s unfinished masterpiece, the Sagrada Familia, a unique church famous all over the world as the symbol of Barcelona.
TIME: Every day at 2:00 pm
DURATION: Around 2:30 hours
Centre of Plaza Catalunya
Metro Station: Catalunya.
Look for our BAT logo on the blue umbrella!
THE PERFECT TOUR IF YOU LOVE:
Architecture, Art Nouveau, Stories of Belle Époque Barcelona, Visual Arts, Hidden Symbolism and Catalan Mythology.
PLACES WE VISIT
- Passeig de Gracia
- Edificios Rocamora
- Palau Malagrida
- Casa Battlo
- Sagrada Familia
- Casa Amatller
- La Pedrera
- Casa Lleo Morera
At the end of the Gaudi Free Walking Tour you’ll find yourself at a short walk from:
- Hospital Sant Pau (5 mins)
- Bodega Del Poblet – Don Pepe (3 mins)
- Estrella Damm Old Brewery (10 mins)
BE LOCAL – INFO & TIPS
- COVID-19 MEASURES In order to guarantee the safety of the customers and the guides during the Covid19 epidemic, safety measures will be adopted following the spanish law: social distancing between people that don’t live together, obligatory masks, no contact with the guide or other participants, no distribution of documents or flyers. Be Local Tours reserves the right to refuse any individual or group that will not comply with these rules.
- In case there are less than 3 participants at the starting time, the guide can decide to cancel the tour.
- You don’t have to reserve, but to give you the best quality experience we limit the numbers on each tour to less than 12 people. If you have not booked, we suggest arriving at least 15 minutes before the scheduled time to allow you to get a space on the tour of your choice.
- There will be a short two-stop metro journey from Diagonal stop to the Sagrada Familia (fare not included). Please bring a metro pass. In case you don’t have one the guide can help you buy one before taking the metro.
- The tour does not include a visit to the interior of the buildings.
- This tour can be booked by a maximum of 7 people. If you are a group of 8 or more people, please contact us for a personalised private tour.
- The Gaudi Free Walking Tour is in English. Should you want a tour in a different language contact us for a private tour.
- If you plan to visit la Sagrada Familia you can book for around 2:00pm giving you plenty of time to enjoy the tour.