CIVIL WAR PRIVATE TOUR
Relive the days and visit the places of the conflict that destroyed Barcelona.
The Civil War took place in the years 1936/1939 and was one the most violent and dramatic conflicts in the history of Barcelona. Let us take you back in time to live again those terrible days as the city turned into a chaotic and bloody battleground. From the first fights when the fascist troops attacked Barcelona and the anarchists, socialist and communist militias prepared to face them to the final conquest by General and future dictator of Spain Francisco Franco, we will show you the hidden marks left on the city walls and monuments in the most unexpected places. Signs of bullets, bombs and propaganda writings, the secret scars that are still visible in the streets and squares. You will see how common people lived everyday life during the war and protected themselves from the frequent bombings that hit the city and hear the long-overlooked, real-life stories and experiences of famous people that were in Barcelona during that time, like George Orwell and Ernest Hemingway.
This tour is organised in partnership with Barcelona Other Eyes Route.
THE BEST PRICES IN TOWN
Here you can find our basic offers for your Civil War in Barcelona Private Tour. To book your tour, please fill in the form below.
MORE THAN 16 PEOPLE?
Don’t worry, we have plenty of solutions for larger groups as well. Please specify how many people there are in your group when filling in the form below and discover our best offers.
TOUR AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING LANGUAGES:
BOOK YOUR TOUR
IMPORTANT INFO & TIPS
- Methods of payment: you can pay directly on the day in cash or through a bank transfer. An advanced payment of 70 euros is required as a deposit. Tours can be canceled up to 72 hours before the scheduled time with a full refund. No refund is available after 72 hours before the scheduled start of the tour.
- Bring suitable clothes in case of rain or bad weather.
- Wheelchair friendly tour.
- Monuments are explained from the outside, we do not enter inside any of them.
- In partnership with Environomica Onlus, by taking the Gothic Quarter Private Tour with us you will be contributing to our tree planting project. For more info about our Eco Project, click here.