GOTHIC QUARTER FREE WALKING TOUR
Join our Gothic Quarter Free Walking Tour in english, discover the oldest part of Barcelona and learn about Catalan history, culture and traditions.
Starting every morning from Plaza Catalunya an experienced and friendly storyteller will guide you through the narrow streets of the Gothic Quarter, the oldest part of Barcelona, to get to know 2000 years of history from ancient ruins, old architecture through to the time of the Spanish Civil War.
You will learn about the curiosities, secrets and amazing details of one of the most fascinating old cities in Europe. Join a small group to admire the most interesting spots of the Roman and Medieval city such as the Cathedral, the Royal Palace of the great Kingdom of Aragon, Sant Felip Neri’s Bombed Square, the Roman walls, the Jewish Quarter and many more.
At the end of the tour you can ask us about the best things to do in the Gothic Quarter. The closest museums and activities, great restaurants, tapas bars and the best places for Churros or paella in town!
TIME: Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 10 am
DURATION: Around 2 hours
Plaza Catalunya – Center of the Square
Metro Station: Catalunya.
Look for our BAT logo on the blue umbrellas!
THE PERFECT TOUR IF YOU LOVE:
The Middle Ages, Gothic Architecture, Traditions and Folklore, Narrow and Mysterious Alleyways, Old Secret Stones, Churros and Chocolate.
PLACES WE VISIT
- Plaça de Sant Felip Nerí
- Plaça del Rei
- Santa Maria del Pi
- Cap de Barcelona
- Roman Tombs
- Canaletas Fountain
- Jewish Quarter
At the end of the Gothic Tour you’ll find yourself a short walk from:
- Park de la Ciutadella (5 mins)
- Barceloneta Beach (10 mins)
- Picasso Museum (5 mins)
- Arc de Triomf (5 mins)
- Las Ramblas (5 mins)
BE LOCAL – IMPORTANT INFO & TIPS
- You don’t have to reserve, but following our Small Group Philosophy we limit the number of people on each tour group to a maximum of 16 participants. If you have not booked, please arrive at least 15 minutes before the scheduled time so we can find you a spot on the tour of your choice.
- This tour can be booked by a maximum of 7 people. If you are a group of 8 or more people you can enjoy this tour as a private tour by clicking here.
- The Gothic Quarter Tour Free Walking Tour is in English. If you want this tour as a Free Walking Tour in Spanish click here. This tour is also available in different languages, contact us for a private tour in your language.
- Finishing at around 1 pm the tour is ideal to then head off in search of the other wonderful things to do and see in the Gothic Quarter and its surroundings. Don’t forget to ask your guide more info at the end of the Gothic Quarter Tour.
- In case the number of participants is less than 3, the tour may be cancelled.